Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


By: Irma Argil


Picture 1: This is a picture of my grandmother who passed away two years ago. We have her ashes in our home and celebrate Mother’s day with her, even though she is not with us.

Picture 2: This is another close up picture of my grandmother. This frame was made at her funeral and we have it up in a very special place.

Picture 3: This is a picture of my other grandma who has Alzheimer and lives with my mom.

Picture 4: This is a picture of some of my uncle and grandma showing their love for one another.3

Picture 5: This is a picture of my grandmother and an actor imitating the famous Mexican hero, Pancho Villa. My grandma has always been a big fan of his.

Picture 6:: This is a picture of my grandmother doing what she enjoys the most, sewing. She can spent hours sewing and it wouldn’t bore her for a second.

Picture 7: This is a picture of her piece of art. She enjoys using different colors on her thread to make it very colorful.

Picture 8. This is a picture of her colorful thread. Sometimes she will use a color of thread that doesn’t go with the piece, but it still looks cute.

Picture 9: This is a picture of the yummy food we eat during this holiday. Hamburger patties and corn on a cob are some of our favorite finger food.

Picture 10: This is a picture of some of the yummy dessert my aunt brings every year.

Picture 11: This is another picture of the fresh lettuce, onion, and tomatoes.

Picture 12: This is a picture of some of my cousins playing the accordion and singing to all the wonderful mothers in the family. My little nephew Ivan is trying to play the accordion too.

Picture 13 : This is a picture of my nephew, Ivan, kissing his grandmother and wishing her a happy mother’s day.

Picture 14: This is a picture of the cake we use to celebrate all the mothers in our family. My cousin is a baker so she always brings the cake

Picture 15: This is a picture of some of my family celebrating mothers day at Olive Garden at noon.

Picture 16: This is a picture of all the mothers in the family getting ready to eat at Olive Garden.

Picture 17: This is a picture of us surrounding my grandmother outside my house.

Picture 18: This is a picture of the different generations we have in our family. Celebrating mother’s day is very beautiful to our family because the kids get to spend time with their mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it. You know you want to.